Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Saturday Morning Awesome, With Jem !

When I was a little boy I used to watch Saturday morning, and afternoon cartoons all the time. They were several I loved as child to the point of collecting all the toys that went with them.

When I grew up to become a teenager, two of my favorite shows were rerun on Cartoon Network on Toonami. One was Voltron, and the other Thundercats. I excitedly watched them one day. They were awful! Voltron was a badly dubbed, badly animated catastrophe. While Thundercats had laughable story lines, bad voice acting, and every other word out of Liono's mouth was "Don't Do drugs." I felt like the entire writing staff was being held at gunpoint by Nancy Regan and her Just Say No champagne.

Recently, I caught my friend Dwayne watching Youtube videos from another cartoon I was addicted to as a little boy. Jem! A fabulous tale of a Glam Rocker, her band, a super computer named Synergy, and the fantastical adventures they went on. This spurred me on to investigate. I was reluctant considering how I had been burned by Thundercats and Voltron 10 years ago.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that after all these years, Jem is still good! So go on youtube, watch the music videos, buy the dvds, attend Jem Con, for she is still truly outrageous.
Its Showtime Synergy!



Just another room in my House of Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment