Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vampires

An hour and a half before dawn I am writing this. I think this would be the safest time.

So ever since I was 13 years old and read Interview with the Vampire, I have been in LOVE with Vampires. I even wrote a tragically melodramatic "novella" when I was 16 about a teenaged boy who has a love affair with a 400 year old vampire. Sound Familiar?

This has been a Vampire filled week for me, and I have been loving every minute of it! I started and finished reading Twilight. Yeah I know I am a johnny-come-lately but I finally gave in to see what all the fuss was about! Overall? A fun read. It is not by far the greatest novel I have ever read. However, it did touch on a few emotional cords that hearken back to my days as the constant new kid in school back when I was a teenager. I went to Five High Schools over five years, including one with a student body of 400 in a small town in Ohio. Bella I felt your pain. Too bad I didn't have an Edward of my own to come rescue me. Well, outside my own imagination I mean! I watched the movie and balled like a 13 year old girl. But then again I am known by my friends to cry at the drop of a hat.

I got my Sunday fix of Trueblood. I a funny, exciting and all together sexy Vampire show. Every time Bill takes Miss Stackhouse in his arms and says in that smooth Louisiana accent "Sookie" I get chills up my spine.

Tonight I checked out the new episodes of the hilarious Heather's Vlog, about the Vampire Heather who is best friends with Kelly from the Liam Show. From there I learned about I Heart Vampires. An awesome new web series from Take180.com. I got so addicted. One of the coolest aspects of the show is that fans get to write in advice and plots for the characters to do next. A truly interactive experience! After the season finale I am hoping to send in some of my ideas about what those crazy fan girls should do next.




Gotta go, Dawn comes soon, and I'm not talking about Michelle Trachtenberg.

Just another (blood-filled) room in my House of Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment