Wednesday, January 17, 2018

30 Days of Poems: Love Reflections

So I ran out of a bit of creative steam. I started working on a new Exalted Third Edition game and my creative energy got sucked up writing things up for my setting and plot. So I took a bit of a break from writing new poems.

However, I am back and I have written some new material. I am calling this piece "Love Reflections" each is a stanza about a past or current love. They are functionally all opening stanzas for poems dedicated to each one, but I am grouping them all into one piece. This is the beginning of what I hope will be a much larger work in the future:

Love Reflections


I once loved a solider
who's hair was the color of fire.

I once loved a tree feller
with hair all over his body
like a bear's pelt.

I am courting a viking
with hair spun of gold

in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment